Morris' fireside restaurant
A log cabin restaurant was first erected on this site in 1921 by Paul Bartel. It served the loggers in the area, some of whom slept in small cabins behind the restaurant. Many tales of encounter with bears have been recalled by former employees
In 1976, the Morris family purchased the cabin and added the first rest rooms. The increase in business that the restaurant has enjoy since 1976 had finally taken its toll on an already worn building, so it was decided to build a new log cabin.
Our new building is the reflection of patience, time and integrity of those who built it. Our logs were hand selected, hand peeled and scribed from dead-stand lodge pole Pine from the East Slope of the Cascade Mountain Range. It was then constructed in Sister, Oregfon, numbered, transported, and erected on this site on January 10, 1985.